1. The club shall be called the Basingstoke and District Dog Training Club.
2. Its objectives are to encourage the training of all breeds of dog and to support obedience classes at shows and working trials.
3. The officers of the club are President, Secretary and Treasurer. The President has no voting rights in committee.
4. The Society consists of a limited number of members, whose names and addresses are kept on a list by the officers. The list is open for inspection by members on application to them. Anyone wishing to become a full member must submit a signed application form, together with the full subscription for that year. In subsequent years a new form need only be completed if the members circumstances have changed. Acceptance of membership to the club constitutes acceptance of the club’s rules.
5. The committee consists of not more than thirteen members with full voting powers.
Meetings of the committee are held as often as is necessary and five members constitutes
a quorum. The chairman is elected annually by the committee from among themselves
and has a casting vote in addition to his/her own. The committee may form a sub-
6. Each member is entitled to one vote, which must be exercised in person. Voting is by show of hands, except for elections, which are by secret ballot, unless the consensus of the meeting is otherwise.
7. The property of the Club is vested in the committee. In the event of the Club being dissolved for any reason, or otherwise ceasing to exist as a registered society, all cups and trophies, where possible, will be returned to their donors. Other property and assets will be donated to a suitable charity at the discretion of the committee.
8. A Bank or Building Society account will be held in the name of the Club into which all revenue of the Club will be paid and from which withdrawals will only be made on the signature of two or more officers. All expenses incurred by the Secretary or Treasurer, with the consent of the committee, for or on behalf of the Club, will be defrayed out of the funds of the Club.
9. The membership fee and categories of membership will be reviewed each year by the Committee and members will be notified at least one month prior to any changes being implemented. Fees will become due on the 1st January and may be paid up to the end of January after which membership shall cease. All new members will be required to complete a membership form. A new form will only be required if the member’s circumstances have changed.
10. Any member who is suspended by the Kennel Club will automatically cease to be
a member of the club. If the conduct of any member is, in the opinion of the committee
of the club, injurious or likely to be injurious to the character of the club, the
committee of the club may, at a meeting, the notice of convening of which includes
as an object the consideration of the conduct of the member, determine that a Special
General Meeting of the Club shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution
to expel him/her. Notice of the S.G.M. shall be sent to the accused member, giving
particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date and time of the S.G.M.
so that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If at the meeting, a resolution
to expel is passed by a two-
11. The financial year of the Club runs from 1 August to 31 July each year. The Annual General Meeting will be held in September. 28 days notice of the A.G.M. will be displayed for all members by the Secretary.
12. The General Meeting will receive the reports of the officers and Chairman, elect the officers and committee and discuss any resolution of which prior notice has been given to the Secretary so that they may be placed on the agenda. The agenda will be available for members one week before the meeting.
13. An Extraordinary General Meeting of the members will be carried on requisition in writing to the Secretary of any 12 members, whereupon 14 days notice in writing will be given by the Secretary to all members of the Club, specifying the objects of the meeting, to which alone discussions shall be confined.
14. These rules may only be amended at a General Meeting at which the proposal to amend them has been advertised in the agenda.
15. The officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year, maintenance of title fee will be forwarded to the Kennel Club by the Secretary for continuance of registration and that by 31 July each year other returns as stipulated in Kennel Club regulations for the registration and maintenance of title of societies and breed councils and the affiliation of agricultural societies and municipal authorities be forwarded to the Kennel Club. The officers also acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any changes of Secretary of the Society which may occur during the course of the year.
16. The Kennel club is the final court of appeal in all matters of dispute.
17. The Society will not join any federation of societies or clubs.
18. A Banking account shall be opened in the name of the Society into which the revenue of the Society shall be paid and from which withdrawals shall only be made on the signatures of two or more officers. This rule is to protect the funds of the Society and to ensure no individual may have the opportunity of handling withdrawals.
19. No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the committee of or hold any other office or appointment within a Kennel Club Registered Society.